Case Study: Norauto
A Technology Roadmap for Procurement Success
Norauto Drives Efficiency, Visibility and Compliance across Procure-to-Pay
Prior to implementing the modular procurement solution on the Corcentric Platform, Norauto’s procurement, vendor processes and information were managed manually for the most part. This created efficiency, visibility and compliance issues across the entire procurement chain.
- The accounting team, which handles a considerable amount of information (200 accounts, 120,000 invoices, 30,000 scanned invoices), 75% of which was managed manually, was looking for a solution that could automate certain tasks and thus improve productivity.
- The procurement team sought to reduce non-compliant spending, improve contract compliance and have better visibility into expenses to produce accurate reporting and analytics.
- Buyers wanted to know where and what to buy, order status and what the other car centers in the group are buying.
“Retail is a very competitive sector; it is imperative that we have the right product in the right place at the right time. The Corcentric procurement solution allows us to secure supplies so that people in the store are available to best serve our customers.” — Delphine Dubreuil, Head of Indirect Purchasing, Norauto
With a low overall expense level, but many purchasing categories and expense managers, Norauto chose procurement on the Corcentric Platform for its ability to meet its business needs and evolve with them:
- The platform was set up specifically for Norauto during the demo which allowed users to easily envision themselves using the solution, and therefore buy into it.
- Corcentric’s Continuous Improvement Process helps Norauto’s procurement team showcase improvements while still in the test phase.
- Integration with Norauto’s SAP ERP for merchant purchases makes it possible to provide Corcentric Platform to users with full visibility of warehouse stock, achieving considerable time and efficiency savings.
- The flexibility offered by SaaS enables Norauto to easily benefit from innovative developments on the Corcentric Platform.
“The platform is user-friendly, adaptable to our business needs and scalable over time because it is SaaS.”— Prisca Foucart, E-Procurement Leader, Norauto
By organizing the procurement process in a decentralized model, 565 users are currently on the Corcentric Platform — an adoption rate of 98%! In total, nearly 3,000 orders are managed per month on the platform.
Optimizing and digitizing the processes saved 2,800 working hours and €70,000 over the past year.
Retail is a very competitive sector; it is imperative that we have the right product in the right place at the right time. The Corcentric procurement solution allows us to secure supplies so that people in the store are available to best serve our customers.”
~ Delphine Dubreuil, Head of Indirect Purchasing
Regular meetings with the Corcentric Customer Success team enable Norauto to take advantage of, and suggest, improvements to the procurement solution. For example, stage two implementation is underway in conjunction with the Norauto accounting department. This consists of billing improvements that represent significant savings potential thanks to invoice-receipt matching that streamlines the process to save the accounting department time.
“Meeting regularly is very constructive; We get to see what Corcentric is working on and the platform roadmap, and in return we get to share our direct user feedback and how Norauto is evolving. It’s very collaborative, and that’s how we like to work at Norauto.” — Prisca Foucart, E-Procurement Leader, Norauto
- Supplier Management
About the Company
Norauto is part of the Mobivia Group, Europe’s leading auto center with more than 600 outlets. Norauto is also the leader in France, with 400 stores and car care centers. Norauto’s procurement department has been around for seven years and consists of an e-procurement leader and a fleet manager segmented by portfolio and product category. Purchase categories managed by Norauto range from personal services to marketing, IT and travel.
Lesquin Cedex, France
$161.1 million in Net Sales in 2019
indirect purchases per year
user adoption rate